OPIOID ADDICTION FACTS
- Fentanyl is an opioid drug that’s 50 to 100 times more powerful than heroin
- The chemical makeup of heroin is the same as that of pain relievers
- Prescription drug abuse is a serious and growing problem in the United States
- The number of adults filling a benzodiazepine prescription increased 67 percent
- In 2016, more than 46 people died each day from overdoses involving prescription opioids
- Many teens believe that prescription drugs are much safer than illegal street drugs because they are prescribed by a doctor.
Raise the Bottom strives to decrease the shame and stigma associated with Substance Use Disorders and specifically, Opioid Use Disorders. With that said, we recognize that certain words drive search engines and assist people in finding necessary resources and treatment options. To assist our patients, potential patients, providers and other stakeholders, we are listing additional search terms that may assist in "search" efforts. RTB continuously works to use pro-social and non-stigmatizing words and terms and as such, most of these words are not used in the body of our pages to describe our program or the services we provide. Search Terms: Methadone Clinic, Suboxone Clinic, Methadone Treatment Program, Suboxone Treatment Program, Vivitrol Program, Withdrawal Treatment, Substance Abuse, Addict, Addiction Therapist, Addiction Therapy, Drug Rehab, Out-patient Drug Rehab, Substance Abuse Counselors.