OPIOID ADDICTION FACTS
- Fentanyl is an opioid drug that’s 50 to 100 times more powerful than heroin
- The chemical makeup of heroin is the same as that of pain relievers
- Prescription drug abuse is a serious and growing problem in the United States
- The number of adults filling a benzodiazepine prescription increased 67 percent
- In 2016, more than 46 people died each day from overdoses involving prescription opioids
- Many teens believe that prescription drugs are much safer than illegal street drugs because they are prescribed by a doctor.