Be aware of these common warning signs of an Opioid Use Disorder (Heroin & Pain Medications)
- Requesting refills too early
- Cravings or a strong desire to use or misuse Opioids
- Recurrent use of Opioids despite harmful consequences
- Taking Opioids in larger amounts or longer than intended
- Taking someone else's Opioids even for a legitimate purpose such as to relieve pain
- Using Opioids in a manner that contradicts prescribing guidelines (e.g. combining Opioids with alcohol or other drugs)
- Using Opioids in a manner other than intended (e.g. crushing, snorting, injecting)
- An inability or refusal to reduce or discontinue the use of Opioids when recommended by a medical provider
Sound like you or someone you know?
Get in touch with us right away to the discuss next steps...